KAMBARA KISEN (hereinafter the “Company”) recognizes that the right to protect personal information is essential among the numerous rights of the individual. Protecting personal information is fundamental to the businesses of the Company group (hereinafter the “Group”) and our social responsibility. The Company has established the following policy on protection of personal information and will make it known to and observed by its officers, employees and cooperating workers.
- １．Observance of relevant laws and guidelines, etc
- The Company will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, etc. regarding the handling of personal information.
- ２．Proper Collection of Personal Information
- When collecting personal information, the Company will state the purpose of collection and use in advance, within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose, and collect personal information in a proper manner and by fair means.
- ３．Purposes of Use of Personal Information
- The Company will use collected personal information only for the following purposes and never use it for other purposes. The personal information beyond the scope of the following purposes will not be used, unless prior consent is obtained in the proper manner from the individual concerned.
- ⅰ. To perform business administration of the Group companies;
- ⅱ. To provide integrated common services among the Group companies
- ⅲ. To provide and administer any information on the Company business
- ⅳ. To inform the Company’s shareholders, to provide various items of information, and to manage the Company’s shareholder information;
- ⅴ. To execute rights or obligations based on laws and ordinances
- ⅵ. To respond to inquiries and requests from individuals about their personal information
- ⅶ. To perform personnel management and welfare of the Company’s employees, etc.
- ⅷ. To engage in activities concerning the Company’s CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- ⅸ. To provide information about events, campaigns, services/products of the Group companies and to conduct surveys
- ⅹ. To perform other businesses incidental to the items mentioned above
- ⅺ. In addition to the above, for purposes listed in “6. Shared Use of Personal Information.”
- ４．Proper Handling of Personal Information
- The Company will strictly handle personal information and take the necessary and proper measures to prevent all risks including loss, damage, falsification, divulgence, and unauthorized access. Furthermore, the Company will establish concrete rules to properly handle and use personal information, and appoint responsible persons.
- 5．Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
- 5.1 The Company will not provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
- ⅰ. When prior consent of the individual concerned is obtained;
- ⅱ. When it is required by laws or ordinances;
- ⅲ. When it is necessary to protect lives, physical bodies, and/or property and it is difficult to obtain consent of the individual concerned;
- ⅳ. When it is especially required for improvement of public health or for promotion of sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain consent of the individual concerned;
- ⅴ. When there is a need to cooperate with a national or local government body or a person commissioned by such a body for the execution of a matter that is stipulated in laws or ordinances and obtaining consent of the individual concerned is likely to become a hindrance to the execution of the matter;
- ⅵ. Other cases in which providing personal information is authorized in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
- 5.2 Notwithstanding the above, the Company will not provide specified personal information to third parties unless otherwise stated in laws or ordinances.
- ６．Shared Use of Personal Information
- The Company may share the use of personal information with Group companies as follows:
- ⅰ. Personal information items subject to shared use
- ・Name, address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, workplace, gender, type of transaction, etc.
- ⅱ. Scope of those who will engage in shared use
- ・Group companies of the Company
- ⅲ. Purposes of use
- ・To execute contracts with the individual concerned;
- ・To sell products and provide services offered by the Company and Group companies;
- ・To provide information and conduct surveys etc. about the products and services offered by the Company and Group companies;
- ・To notify the relevant company when the individual concerned has an inquiry or applies to use the products and services offered by the Company and Group companies;
- ・To manage customer information of the Company and Group companies;
- ・To perform other tasks that are incidental to or related to the items above;
- ⅳ. Entity responsible for the management of personal information at the Company.
- ７．Supervision of Subcontractor Handling Personal Information
- The Company may transfer collected personal information to a third-party subcontractor in order to, for example, perform smooth operation of services. In such case, the Company will treat personal information properly by selecting a subcontractor that meets the sufficient standards for protecting personal information and including appropriate measures in the relevant contracts, etc.
- ８．Matters Related to Security Control Measures
- The Company implements the security control measures below for retained personal data.
- ⅰ. Establishment of a basic policies
- ・Basic policies are established regarding “Observance of relevant laws and guidelines, etc.” and “Contact point for dealing with a complaint” etc. to ensure that personal data is handled properly.
- ⅱ. Setting of rules for handling personal data
- ・Rules are set for handling methods, person responsible, person in charge, and their duties for handling personal data per stage, such as acquisition, use, saving, providing, deleting, disposing, etc.
- ⅲ. Organizational security control measure
- ・The handling status of personal data is periodically self-inspected and audited by other departments.
- ⅳ. Human security control measures
- ・Periodic training is conducted for employees regarding points to consider in relation to handling personal data.
- ⅴ. Physical security control measures
- ・Measures are taken to prevent the theft and loss of equipment, electronic media, and documents with personal data. Measures are also taken to ensure that personal data is not easily identified when such equipment, electronic media, and other are transported, including within the office.
- ⅵ. Technological security control measures
- ・Access is controlled; the persons in charge and the range of the handled personal information database are limited.
- ９．Procedures for Responding to Application for Disclosure, etc.
- 9.1 When an individual wishes to inquire about the purpose of use of his/her personal data retained by the Company and to make corrections, additions, or deletions to the personal data, and/or suspend its use or erase the personal data, the individual can request disclosure of the retained personal data by making an application for disclosure, (hereinafter the “Application for Disclosure, Etc.”). The individual shall mail the following documents or the like to the Person in Charge of Handling Personal Information in Section 10.
- ⅰ. Document that includes the address, name, profession, telephone number, e-mail address of the applicant, and the purpose of the application;
- ⅱ. Document that identifies the applicant (a photocopy of their driver’s license or passport or national health insurance card or the like);
- ⅲ. Postage stamps for the charge (please consult with the Person in Charge of Handling Personal Information for the amount of charge).
- 9.2 After the applicant is identified as the relevant individual, the Company checks the retained personal data, takes the necessary steps, and mails to the applicant a written answer to the request.
- 9.3 Personal information collected through the Application for Disclosure, etc. will be used only to the extent that is necessary for the Application for Disclosure, Etc. The documents mailed by the applicant will be retained for an appropriate period of time and thereafter discarded.
- 9.4 If an applicant falls under any of the cases stated below, the personal information will not be disclosed. When a non-disclosure decision is made, written notice of the reason will be given to the applicant.
- ⅰ. When the applicant cannot be identified;
- ⅱ. When the applicant has not paid the charge;
- ⅲ. When the application does not fall under an Application for Disclosure, etc.;
- ⅳ. Cases in which disclosure might harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or a third party
- ⅴ. When the application is likely to cause significant hindrance to proper execution of the Company’s business.
- １０．Request for Disclosure of Purpose of Use and Personal Information
- An individual should send an Application for Disclosure to the following Person in Charge of Handling Personal Information. The Company will respond to the application in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.。
|Address:||1083 Tsuneishi, Numakuma-cho, Fukuyama City, Hiroshima Prefecture 720-0393, Japan|
|Reception time:||Monday to Friday (excluding holidays and year-end and beginning period) from 9:30 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:30|
Revised April 1, 2022 The company may revise the above policies.
All revisions will be published on this website.
■ Personal information collected from users via the company website
The aim of this website is to provide information about Tsuneishi Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. In some sections of the website, the user is asked to give personal information (questionnaires, inquiries, or when applying for employment, etc.). In most cases the user is asked to give his/her name, e-mail address, telephone number, and address. There are times when the site requests further information, but provision of this information is optional and the user only provides it with his/her consent. User information is never altered without the consent of the user.
Furthermore, when a users asks for disclosure of the personal information about him/herself, the company takes all measures to ensure that the user’s privacy is respected in an appropriate fashion.
■ Applicable Laws
This website is managed by Kambara Kisen Co.,Ltd.
The website can be accessed from countries around the world, each with their respective laws. However, for both the user and the company,irrespective of the different legal principles they may be under, the laws applicable to the use of this site will be the laws of Japan and the regulations of Hiroshima Prefecture. Furthermore, the company does make any declaration on this site stipulating that the content of the site is appropriate to the environment of the user. The site is accessed on the user’s own free will, and the user takes full responsibility for his/her access.
■ Guarantee and Limitation of Liability
The user takes responsibility for his/her use of the site. The company does not take responsibility for any damages or losses incurred due to use of the site or other sites linked to the site.
Cookies are used by the website to ensure greater ease of use for users when visiting the site for the second time. Cookies are pieces of information sent by the site to the user’s browser, and these are stored in the user’s computer. However, personal details which may allow for recognition of the user, such as the user’s name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address are never included.
Furthermore, stored cookies will have no detrimental effect on the user’s computer.
The user can set his/her browser so that it rejects cookies, and this has no detrimental effect on the browsing experience. For details on how to change the settings of your browser please direct inquiries to the software provider.